On 27 June 2018 (Wed), we will be giving a seminar in Tokyo on the subject of Intellectual Property Strategies for Functional Food Products and Health Foods.
The seminar will be divided into two parts. Part I, entitled Branding Strategies and Effective Use of Trademarks and Designs, will be presented by Unius Partner Katsushi Ishikawa. Part II, entitled Lessons from Recent Cases with Implications for Patent Strategy, will be presented by Unius Partner Masanori Haruna. Details follow below.
- Seminar organized by: Johokiko Co., Ltd.
- Seminar theme: Entitled How to Make Your Company’s Products Stronger and More Valuable, the theme of the seminar is Intellectual Property Strategies for Functional Food Products and Health Foods
- Presentations to be given by: Japanese Patent Attorney Masanori Haruna and Japanese Patent Attorney Katsushi Ishikawa
- Date and time: 27 June 2018 (Wednesday) 10:30 – 16:30
- Location: Conference Room No. 3, Shinjuku Bunka Center 4th Floor (Higashi Shinjuku, Tokyo)
- Seminar overview: Attendees will be able in one day to learn about a variety of topics ranging from branding strategies for new products under development to patenting strategies for protection of existing products, the goal of the seminar being to provide attendees with knowledge that they can immediately apply to their company’s products. Persons expected to benefit most from the seminar are those struggling with the question of how patents and trademarks can be utilized in strategies built around their company’s products, and persons considering how their company’s products might benefit from intellectual property strategies employed by other companies in the context of functional food products. Because the seminar will focus on analysis of case studies, even those individuals who do not have a specialized intellectual property background and who do not work in the intellectual property field on a daily basis should find it worthwhile to attend.
- How to register to attend: Please click on http://www.johokiko.co.jp/seminar_medical/AA180674.php for further information (in Japanese) regarding the seminar, including how to register to attend.